Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Psy's Gangnam Style

Well, I know Kpop is popular around the world.  There's SMTown tours selling out in Europe and the US.  Also, other Kpop groups and bands having concerts in the US and around the world and selling out.

I've seen flash mob videos for Super Junior, SHINee and other Kpop groups' songs popping up all over the world.  Now there's a Kpop radio station where I live.  I can listen to Kpop on the radio instead of my iPod. WooHoo!

I think Kpop is hitting it big now, especially when Kpop songs gets played on local radio stations and gets on their play list and it's not even a Kpop station.  That's what happened to Psy's Gangnam Style.  Since I listen to the Kpop station once in a while, it took me a few days to realize that song wasn't only playing on the Kpop station.

After a couple of years hiatus, Psy made a comeback with Gangnam Style and a dance that is becoming the latest hit internationally.

One cool thing I read was Psy at a Los Angeles Dodgers baseball game recently.  In the 5th inning, since it was a popular song, Gangnam Style was played in the stadium during the "Dance Cam."  People started dancing to the song.  They even knew the dance moves.  Psy suddenly appeared on the giant screen.  After a moment he got up to dance and entertained the crowd for a bit.  You could hear the crowd cheering.

Enjoy ~ gt


This is not my video.  Credit fancam - JoongAng Ilbo at Nate
http://news.nate.com/view/20120821n14211?mid=e0101

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We will get back to you.