Sunday, October 21, 2012

SMTown's I AM, the movie



A little late but I just saw I AM, the movie from SM Entertainment at the HIFF.  Go and see it, if....

If one of your favorite idol group is either Super Junior, SHINee, TVXQ, Girls Generation, f(x), Kanta or BOA and you have never gone to any of their concerts.  Actually, you should see it on the big screen if you haven't seen their concerts.  It shows some of their concert performances of their popular songs and it is like being at their concert. Plus, you get up close shots of their performances.  It helps if you sit a little back and you have a bunch of fans in the first six or seven rows screaming when the group performs on stage.  It's like being in the front row at a real concert.  It felt amazing.

If you're a fan of any of those groups, then you should see this movie. You get to see their pre-debut days and how they auditioned and practiced.  They were so young, normally around 14-15 yrs old.  They are interviewed and they explained how they felt auditioning, performing and practicing.  There were times I got all teary eyed because of how hard they practiced and how much they love their families and the sacrifices they made.

If you're into Kpop, then you should see this movie.  I would think in any of the Korean groups or idols in any of the companies feel the same way,auditioning and practicing in a similar fashion.  Watching them and listening to them is a little heartbreaking.  It really made me appreciate all the hard work they have done.

One thing I felt sad about was Kangta and Boa.  When they appeared on screen, there weren't any screaming fans in the theatre for them.  They were popular back in the day.  I discovered H.O.T. just last year, so I pretty much knew about Kanta.  I knew of BOA just because she's in the SM company and I recognized the name.  I hope the fans went home to look up Kanta.  I believe H.O.T. was the reason why Kpop groups continued on until today.

I would love to go and see the movie again.  The DVD and Blu-ray box set was released on Oct 3rd. I think it's a set I would love to own and if you're a fan you would too.

Source: SHINee Forum International
Photo: Korean Updates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We will get back to you.