Saturday, October 27, 2012

Drama "Reply 1997"



Now I'm watching a popular drama, Reply 1997 or Answer Me 1997.  It's about a girl Sung Si won who is a huge fan of H.O.T. and she's obsessed with them when she was in high school. It shows her and her friends in 2012 at a reunion and flashes back to when they were coming of age in high school in 1997.

Even though I didn't live in Korea, the flash back bring back memories of the style of clothes and hair that happened not only in Korea but in the U.S. too.  Cassette tapes, walkmans, Tamagochis, baggie clothes and I'm only on episode 8.  

What is really entertaining to me is her obsession with H.O.T.  For a while last year, I too, was obsessed with H.O.T. and looked up the music videos and replayed it over and over again.  I loved Candy.  I wanted the song and I couldn't find it on iTunes, Amazon.com or YesAsia.com.  I was so upset.

Even if you don't know who H.O.T. was, you'll enjoy it. Chai, who vaguely knew of them because of me, liked the drama and told me to watch it.  Watching the drama again with me was a whole new level.  Because I watched the music videos, I had pointed out things Chai didn't catch because she didn't know them.  I think it became more hilarious because I squealed and got all excited when the songs played and I recognized H.O.T. references.

Tony An makes a few appearances in the drama.  Also a couple of characters in the drama are from the H.O.T.'s rival group SechsKies.  They play a couple of high school boys who are friends of Si Won.  Hoya, a member of boy group Infinite, is also in the drama.

Find and watch the drama.  So far it's fun to watch.  ~gt

Reloading the Candy MV. Watch and enjoy HOT.


Video Uploaded by misquesie
Photo source: Korean Drama.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We will get back to you.