Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Romantic and Idol, Season 2


I started watching The Romantic and The Idol, a dating variety show.  The basic premise is getting 8 idols (4 girls and 4 guys) together to go on a date with each other.  They will be together as a group for 4 days and 3 nights on Jeju Island.  It seems like this is the only way they can date openly since most idols can't date openly or date at all.  I believe it's because the company who represent them want to keep the fans happy by keeping them "single."

I had watched the "raw" footage of the show.  Meaning that there were no english subs.  FINALLY, someone subbed Episodes 1 and 2.  It's so much nicer watching it and knowing what they are saying.

Side note: A BIG HUGE THANKS to all the subbers everywhere.  Without you I would never be able to fully enjoy any of the Korean/Japanese shows, dramas and even songs.

Episode 1, introduces the cast.  The girls are G.Na, Yewon from Jewelry, Jiwon from SPICA and Eunyoung from TWO X'.  The guys are Jonghoon from FT  Island, Minhyuk from BTOB, N from VIXX and Kevin from ZE:A.  In this episode, each person will tell their ideal type.  They even named specific idols that they like.  It's funny since their ideals are also on the show.

The only one I knew was Jonghoon from FT Island.  I only heard of G.Na, BTOB and ZE:A but don't really know who they are.  Seems like Yewon acted in Reply 1997 but I don't remember her.  Must watch again and see what character she was.

I gotta say Kevin from ZE:A looks like a young Jo Kwon from 2AM and, I think, it's N from VIXX, he resembles the main guy in Reply 1997, when he smiles.  Yewon, reminds me of someone but I can't remember.  I think Eunyoung is the prettiest of the girls even though all 3 girls thought G.Na was the most sexy and beautiful.  At the interview, they seem intimidated by her stage persona.

Episode 2, the cast gets "coupled."  They are sent to meet their "date" in specific situations.  It looks like they get paired by which situation they pick.  They do a small mission then the couples all meet up to go to Jeju Island and live together.  I'm guessing, each day they get to "date" a different idol in the group.

It's fun to watch them meet, they are so awkward with each other even though they have met before.  Some have admitted to dating before (not each other) but it seems like it's all still new to them.  As they fly to Jeju, they all start to look so comfortable sitting with their new partner for the day.  They all move in to a cute cabin.  You can see them slowly and naturally starting to gravitate to someone else.

Don't know if I should spoil who gets matched.  Nah, you should go and watch it.  I'm not going to link it here since I don't want it to be removed but you can find it on YouTube.  I might later on if it looks okay.


Photo: AsianFanFics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We will get back to you.