Tuesday, September 4, 2012

H.O.T. Candy

I just needed to share as I was looking at some videos in YouTube.



I had this one as one of my favorites.  H.O.T. - High-Five of Teenagers.  They were so popular during their time.  I think I found this last year because SHINee did a cover of this song on a SBS show.  SHINee looked so cute in their big puffy mittens.  Too bad they didn't sing the whole song.

So, of course, I had to find the original group who sang "candy".   I came to love this song as well.  The members are Kangta the leader, Hee Jun, Woo Hyuk, Jae Won and Tony.  When "candy" first came out they were so young, younger than their performance in this video.

When I first saw Hee Jun I thought he was just a MC or Korean comedian.  I didn't know he was an idol.  I just saw him in so many variety shows.  He was funny so I thought he was a comedian.

Kang Ta still sings for SM Entertainment and still tours with SMTown.

Tony, just left his 1.5 year position as MC for Mnet's M! Countdown.

They had many hits after Candy, We are the Future, Warrior's Decendant, Haeng Bok Full of Happiness (which Suju redid).

I wish I had their song on my iPod but I just have to settle for this YouTube video.

There were many covers of Candy from Big Bang, Infinite, TeenTop but my favorite is SHINee. Too bad JongHyun didn't perform.



I do not own these videos.
Credit: misquesis for HOT video and mrsrehmacmd for SHINee cover.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We will get back to you.