Friday, March 1, 2013

Shinee's Dream Girl comeback

Aish! I've been busy and behind on so many things.

One thing is SHINee's back...again and I'm liking the song. Dream Girl is their 2013 comeback song. Their 3rd album is Dream Girl: The misconceptions of you.

First off, I have to say, it's been a long time since all the boys look really good.  In other concepts, there is always one person that the stylist messed up their hairstyle.  I guess I just like short hair.

In the MV, I completely missed the song the first time I watched it since the visuals were so distracting.  It's very fantasy, Alice in Wonderland-like concept. The clothes are very colorful and seemed so mis-matched.  There a few choices where the boys look just odd, but overall I like the style.

For the song, I like it.  They describe it as a mix of acid electro funk.  To me, it's like a mix of Dazzling Girl and Sherlock. Taemin and Minho has more singing parts in this song.  It seems like they are just increasing their parts more with each song.  I'm so glad for them.

Choreography-wise, I've been watching their stage performances and I like that they dance with the mic stands.  Very different.

This is what SMTown said about the album:

The 3rd album is released in twopackages: Chapter 1. "DreamGirl-The misconception of  you" and Chapter 2. The misconception of me, and Chapter 1 and 2 have hidden keywords organically related with each other that the album gives the fun of finding and connection keywords and interpreting them in a variety of ways...the story-like element, the fun of listening....

Nice.

Here you go...Enjoy the video and the Dance Version too, cuz, you know I like those too. =D


Dance Version:

Video Source: SMTown YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We will get back to you.