Friday, March 22, 2013

Cheer Up Mr Kim Drama


I've been behind in blogging.  One reason is this daily drama "Cheer Up Mr Kim"

Now, I usually don't watch dramas more than 16 episodes, 20 episodes is pushing it, maybe I'll watch a 24 episode drama but it has to be really good, never mind a daily drama.  BUT Mr Kim is 100+ episodes and a daily drama.  What was I thinking?

First, I started watching because of Kim Dongwan.  A member of Shinhwa, one of my newest obsessions.  I just vaguely heard of it in passing on one of the variety shows and looked  it up.  I didn't know it was a daily drama and started watching it.

This is about Kim Tae Pyeong (Kim Dong Wan).  He is the guardian of four children who came from different families.  He works as a housekeeper part time but cleans apartments full time.  He also comes from a difficult childhood.

Gosh, if I needed a housekeeper, I'll sure to hire him, he's so good-looking (just look at his picture).  sigh...so cute....  His character has such a upbeat personality.  With all the hardship he's gone through, he still tries to be positive.  I think any woman would what him as a husband.  He cooks, cleans, take care of kids, very responsible, very complementary, hard worker and so nice and well mannered.

Why do I keep watching this?  His character is so likable and seems to have a lot of common sense for the first 10 episodes (which I just finished).  In other dramas, and I know it's just to make the dramas exciting, but sometimes the some of the characters just doesn't use common sense.  It's usually: Don't do that, you'll get caught or don't talk out loud to yourself, you'll be overheard.  It get me very frustrated.  Recently, in the last few dramas I watch I don't know how many times I've talked back saying "Why are you doing that?" hahaha.

Watch Cheer Up Mr Kim if you can, plus Dong Wan also sings the OST.  I love his voice.

I'll finish up Romantic and the Idol since I need to tie things up, then on to Mr Kim.

Photo source: forums2.popcornfor2.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We will get back to you.