Sunday, December 9, 2012

SHINee covers Wild Eyes by Shinhwa

While looking at my favorite videos on YouTube, I came across this video of SHINee's cover of Shinhwa's Wild Eyes.  This is one of the songs I like from Shinhwa and SHINee is singing it.  cool.

This video was uploaded in 2009, so I'm guessing this was around the time they performed it.  SHINee debuted in 2008.  Still young and they look it.  Look at Taemin's bowl cut hair. =D

You can't but help compare and the original usually sounds the best.  For someone who loves both Shinhwa and SHINee,  I really like both but I prefer Shinhwa's version the best.  I'm just glad SHINee covered it.

SHINee nailed the choreography.  They were really great but how could you doubt them even at that age.  They were usually great at their dancing.  I must say this is a complicated choreography and they had to sing on top of that.

Now, the singing part.  It sounded a little weak especially in the chorus.  Onew and Key sounded the best and the rest were ok.  I think Taemin struggled vocally.  Minho did all the rapping and english is not one of his strong skills.  Shinhwa had two advantages, Eric and Andy,  they were fluent in english.  I'm surprised Key didn't rap since his english is better but then again he sang the most.  This would have been an all Key version of Wild Eyes. hahaha.

I'll give props to SHINee for performing Wild Eyes, maybe they should have done T.O.P. instead.  Or maybe they did and I haven't found it yet. =)  I think if SHINee performed Wild Eyes now, it would be a whole lot better.

Here's the SHINee cover of Wild Eyes, uploaded by Josefine Kaiser.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We will get back to you.